Tuesday 5 June 2012

Day Of Paintenenening (Guest post by the Megapope)


Bright was the day and cold the morning when your hero Megapope strode across the Plains of Sorrow and braved the heights of Mount Anguish... no wait it was actually closer to Johnsonville.

The lads and I decided to make the most of the extra day off work by applying some paint to various warmachine models. Naturally I took a camera along so I could document how the minis progressed and also take some pics of daft friends pulling silly faces.




The first thing this trip taught me was that I seriously need to invest in a decent carry case for all my crap. Vomkrieg has a nice fold out silver trunk thing, small enough to sit on a table, big enough to carry his substantial paint collection, brushes, tools, small House Elf servant, etc.

Also not seen: inflatable painting giraffe
I brought along this lot, plus a lamp and other useful things. Enough to be annoying and to take a while setting up, when I could have just operated out of a nice fold out casey thing. BUT NO I WAS A MUG.

So who were the intrepid painting team you ask? GEEK SQUAD ASSEMBLE.

The Millinator paints super slowly but that's okay. He's collecting Menoth!

A man of wealth and taste. 
Smitey. Took him approximately 6 years to paint.
Aaaaahahahaha it says 'SMEG PACKAGE' in the background.

The Five Foot Pole appropriately enough plays hard bitten Dwarven mercenaries. He and Vomkrieg spent much of the afternoon playing a game while Millinator and I lurked inside where it was safe, painting.

"TELL US WHERE YOU HAVE THE PLANS HIDDEN AND THIS WILL GO EASY FOR YOU"
Look at the size of that drill. Look at it! 
FFP's Dwarven Hoard™ in battle!




Vomkrieg has a blog, like a real grownup! Sadly, he has many enemies due to his years as a secret government agent and so opted for anonymity. He plays Cygnar! 

I think his photo is pretty seamlessly done and you can totally tell I'm a designer.

Pew pew! Dakkadakkadakka. Pew!

It may look like a discoball on legs but it packs a mean zap

As for myself, I managed to get my Manowars base coated and inked up. Here's some progress piccies, as well as a couple pics of how Sorscha is coming along. Nobody took a silly pic of me on the day, sohere's an amusing photo of me at the Warmachine gaming club.

It ain't easy being greeeeeeeen

Now with sexy gold and red and boltgun metal

STAGE 3: THE INKENING

Highlighty goodness

The face needs some work...

And that was my long weekend of painting. Yaaaaay. One Juggernaut down, six Manowar and a warcaster on the way to completion and some other things waiting in the wings. Next up: playing some more games and getting my ass handed to me a lot. Whoooo!

VomKrieg - Thanks to Megapope for putting this together and heres a link to his blog..... ignore the URL Warmachine fans, its now all Warmachine .... ALL THE TIME! (or until he gets distracted by something shiny.... like a penny or a puddle)


Next thing for out geek squad is to do more painting, get some terrain sorted, press ganger all our other friends into playing (BOTH OF THEM) and set up our own WARMACHINE DOJO! (CULTURAL APPROPRIATION AHOY!)


I'll be back later this week with some more snazzy shots of my Storm Strider, and Epic Caine PEW PEW


But for now, here's another epic Caine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...