Sunday 6 May 2012

Constance cravings

"The sun will come up, FOR MORROW! Bet your bottom dollar that FOR MORROW there'll be sun!"

Yeah.... about that.

Menoth has a lot of flavour and character, fire, burning, sacrifice and rigidity. All that good stuff and more. 

Morrow on the other hand, not so much. I'm still not 100% sure what the Morrow faith is about asides from the fact its not as crazy as Menoth and its the state religion of Cygnar. 

What I will say though is they have some very very pretty models. I painted up some Precursor Knights before and I really wanted my Morrowan forces to be internally consistent with each other, while being complimentary but distinct from the rest of my Cygnar forces. 

Gallant is pretty much painted like a gaint Precursor Knight.  Silver base with some golden trim and orange banners. The back poles are simple jobs with some standard wire and plastic card. You may also note a few Games Workshop purity seals attached here and there. 

Constance is two things. An amazing model and a pain in the butt. She has so many details that my brain was hurting trying to paint her. Trying to pick out all the little ridges on her armour, the trim on the cloak, the little tassels everywhere. I very nearly gave up and started again multiple times with her and im still not 100% happy with how it turned out. 

Oh, I also made her a little brick out cropping to stand on. I've decided that all future casters I paint will end up with some feature to help them stand out on the battlefield. (Luckily some like Darius already stand out and others like eCaine have a funky base)

I'm looking forward to trying out these guys. Gallant is a focus efficient hard hitting jack with reach who works reall well with the Precursor Knights. Constance is an infantry general, I think I need more knights to really get the best value out of her. But we will see. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...