I've started a new stage of life (running a business) and I've been enjoying boardgaming and playing computer games.
I just haven't felt much like writing.
However, my partner and I decided that we were going to pick up the old Arkham Horror challenge we started a few years ago.
The Challenge is as follows.
- Defeat all 25 Old ones once
- Investigators stay dead if they die. If we run out of investigators, we lose.
- If we team wipe vs an Old One, we have to face them again.
- The difficulty of the game increases as we succeed. If we lose a lot of investigators, the difficulty will relax.
- We must play against each expansion three times.
- We must face each heralds twice and use each Guardian/Institution twice
- Characters keep some gear/statuses between games. (Based on how many games they have played, and their starting gear)
- Character stories are used
- All games reported to Arkham horror Stats (http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/4731-arkham-horror-statistics-reports/)
|6 Seals, BOOM!|
This was easy to setup as we had played the scenario with one of my gaming groups earlier in the week. First up, on easy difficulty, we took on Nyraleothep, with Curse of the Dark Pharaoh, using the Dark Pharaoh Herald.
It was pretty much a cake walk as the bonus clues from easy difficulty meant there were always clues to burn.
Our Starting team was playing
- Zoey (Insane Evangelical Christian Chef who puts monsters on the stove)
- George (Her boss, a grumpy old lawyer dude)
- Silas (A fisherman with a shady past)
- Akachi (An African Shaman)
The short form of this is that Akachi sealed 4 gates during the game using the combination of the find gate spell, and a pile of clues.
The highlight of the game was watching poor Silas discover his true nature and turning into a deep one, before Zoey killed him and added her to her impressive cooking pot (11 trophies at game end)
|Silas, gone, but not forgotten|
So, Scores so far
Great Old ones :1 Investigators 1